At StreetLight Data, we are transforming transportation, urban planning, and real estate with Big Data. Our analytics answer a deceptively simple question: Where do people go? This question is impossible to answer with traditional research methods. But the answers are vital to building sustainable, livable, and successful communities.
Our technology transforms anonymous, archival location data from over 30M mobile devices in the US into useful Metrics that describe travel patterns. We are the first company to provide mobility analytics for transportation in Data-as-a-Service subscriptions via an easy-to-use web application, StreetLight InSight®. StreetLight InSight informs high-value, long-term decisions that profoundly impact our everyday lives. We support projects such as subway line extensions, highway expansions, bike and pedestrian infrastructure, real estate property development, retail siting, and more.
To apply, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line.
StreetLight Data is a family friendly, equal opportunity employer.
Senior Support Engineer (San Francisco Office)
Are you interested in Big Data, transportation, or urban planning and looking for a place to put that interest to work in the tech industry? StreetLight Data is looking for a Senior Support Engineer to join our team. This position will help our customers solve transportation problems using StreetLight InSight, our online web portal, as well as provide basic app support and training. This position reports to Manager, QA and Support.
- Provide first-level and escalated support for the StreetLight InSight web application.
- Handle chat and phone support, and train users / answer questions.
- Develop clear, compelling tutorials to show how StreetLight InSight can answer key transportation questions, and create and maintain help content, documentation, and training videos, and run training webinars.
- Manage lots of inbound requests in a timely and organized manner. Improve processes to handle support requests.
- Create customized deliveries for users (post-sales support).
- Contribute to QA and Sales Engineering, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering and PM, to make StreetLight InSight as easy-to-use as possible.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Quick learner, with a problem-solving ability and strong understanding of user needs.
- Great written as well as verbal communication skills. This job requires talking to customers often.
- Be extremely organized and able to follow and design processes.
- Bachelor's and/or Masters degree in an Engineering, Transportation or Urban Planning discipline.
- 3+ years experience in a Support role on enterprise software applications (or similar).
- 2+ years experience with Excel and SQL/relational databases, and comfortable working with a lot of data, identifying patterns and data manipulation.
- Experience working in transportation engineering/consulting, transportation agencies, or urban planning is a plus.
- Experience with geospatial tools (such as QGIS or ArcGIS) and statistics are a plus.
Sales Development Representative (San Francisco Office)
As a member of our Sales Team, you will help communities across the nation become Smart, sustainable Cities. You can become a leader in the transition to data-driven planning. Our clients are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter these high-potential industries with our unique value proposition. We need savvy, sophisticated sales professionals who go beyond sales to truly educate clients.
The Sales Development Representative will identify and qualify to new customers across all market segments. S/he has a proven track record of successfully achieving and surpassing quota goals, and has demonstrated success at identifying new opportunities. This position is based in StreetLight Data’s office, located in the SoMA district of San Francisco, California.
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel pipeline through cold calling, email outreach, and social media (especially LinkedIn); through contacting and qualifying all in-bound web leads; and through execution of marketing campaigns
- Research and build new and existing accounts by identifying and adding contacts, sending regular emails, and setting appointments
- Utilize a consultative, collaborative sales approach by uncovering prospects’ business challenges and determining if StreetLight InSight® will meet their needs
- Effectively communicate the benefits of StreetLight InSight® to prospects and fully understand their needs before scheduling follow-up meetings
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections, and share your insights with the broader sales and marketing team
- Closely collaborate with Account Executives to help grow and fill pipelines and to create, develop, and manage strategic accounts
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of products, industry trends, and competition in the mobility analytics industry
- Make 50 to 75 outbound calls per day
- Achieve monthly quotas of sourced opportunities, and provide regular reports on achievements
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process operation, and work closely with the Sales Operations Manager and Marketing Director to optimize and improve reporting processes
- Highly motivated, driven, and self-starting individual that is eager to learn, never stops asking questions, and isn’t afraid to share fresh ideas or take chances
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of software sales development or lead generation experience
- Proficient user of Salesforce.com and LinkedIn (Bonus points for Hubspot!)
- Team-player that is eager to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, "start-up" setting
- Proven track record of exceeding high-volume sales targets and experience succeeding in a goal-driven environment – for you, quotas are designed to be crushed
- High-volume cold calling experience with call structure and control strongly preferred
- Fluency in English, with exemplary written and verbal communications skills
- Multi-tasker extraordinaire with critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities
- A passion for technology sales and cloud computing
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful
- You like having fun, and you bring enthusiasm and passion for what you love to work every day – whether it’s your ability to execute the Thriller dance flawlessly, your deep appreciation for craft beer, fine wine, and culinary arts, or something else entirely
- You’re always willing to step up to the plate, and you want to advance your career by taking on a role with major growth and advancement opportunities