At StreetLight Data, we are transforming transportation, urban planning, and real estate with Big Data. Our analytics answer a deceptively simple question: Where do people go? This question is impossible to answer with traditional research methods. But the answers are vital to building sustainable, livable, and successful communities.
Our technology transforms anonymous, archival location data from over 30M mobile devices in the US into useful Metrics that describe travel patterns. We are the first company to provide mobility analytics for transportation in Data-as-a-Service subscriptions via an easy-to-use web application, StreetLight InSight®. StreetLight InSight informs high-value, long-term decisions that profoundly impact our everyday lives. We support projects such as subway line extensions, highway expansions, bike and pedestrian infrastructure, real estate property development, retail siting, and more.
To apply, please send an email with your resume to email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line.
StreetLight Data is a family friendly, equal opportunity employer.
Senior Support Engineer (San Francisco Office)
Are you interested in Big Data, transportation, or urban planning and looking for a place to put that interest to work in the tech industry? StreetLight Data is looking for a Senior Support Engineer to join our team. This position will help our customers solve transportation problems using StreetLight InSight, our online web portal, as well as provide basic app support and training. This position reports to Manager, QA and Support.
- Provide first-level and escalated support for the StreetLight InSight web application.
- Handle chat and phone support, and train users / answer questions.
- Develop clear, compelling tutorials to show how StreetLight InSight can answer key transportation questions, and create and maintain help content, documentation, and training videos, and run training webinars.
- Manage lots of inbound requests in a timely and organized manner. Improve processes to handle support requests.
- Create customized deliveries for users (post-sales support).
- Contribute to QA and Sales Engineering, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering and PM, to make StreetLight InSight as easy-to-use as possible.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Quick learner, with a problem-solving ability and strong understanding of user needs.
- Great written as well as verbal communication skills. This job requires talking to customers often.
- Be extremely organized and able to follow and design processes.
- Bachelor's and/or Masters degree in an Engineering, Transportation or Urban Planning discipline.
- 3+ years experience in a Support role on enterprise software applications (or similar).
- 2+ years experience with Excel and SQL/relational databases, and comfortable working with a lot of data, identifying patterns and data manipulation.
- Experience working in transportation engineering/consulting, transportation agencies, or urban planning is a plus.
- Experience with geospatial tools (such as QGIS or ArcGIS) and statistics are a plus.
Strategic Account Representative
The Strategic Account Representative will identify and sell to new customers in the transportation and urban planning industries. The Strategic Account Representative has a proven track record of successfully achieving and surpassing quota goals, and has demonstrated success at identifying new, high-value opportunities. Previous experience selling to engineering, construction, transportation, government agencies, and/or architecture is desired.
THIS JOB IS AVAILABLE TO CANDIDATES ANYWHERE IN THE US AND CANADA.
- Develop comprehensive business plans and drive the execution of selling strategies in order to grow revenue while forming strong relationships with customers.
- Design and execute account plans to surpass goals and revenue targets.
- Manage and develop key partnerships to expand business in both current and new geographies.
- Drive sales to new customers and expand existing relationships through annual and multi-year contracts and value-added solutions in your assigned territory.
- Keep up-to-date with market trends and new developments, and utilize this information for business development and improvement.
- Manage revenue goals in your assigned territory and accounts.
- Conduct ongoing meetings and events with key customer decision-makers with the goal of uncovering and closing new opportunities.
- Attend relevant industry trade shows to identify new prospective customers, and promptly follow up on leads from various sources.
- Consistently maintain sales opportunity and customer status information in StreetLight Data’s customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively resolve issues and remove barriers toward the goal of jointly achieving assigned quotas.
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of business, marketing or engineering.
- 10 years of experience in complex sales to global customers in a recognized technology industry, transportation, urban planning, or architectural-related field. Experience selling to and working with public sector agencies is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of selling to government agencies (especially transportation related) would also be advantageous.
- Proven over-achievement with responsibility for a multimillion dollar quota.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial "start-up" environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Must be fluent in English.
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences.
- Multi-tasking and critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential.
StreetLight Data is a family-friendly, equal opportunity employer.